Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A SUPER ICON :) RUBEN BLADES






Rubén Blades Bellido de Luna

Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Lawyer, and Political Figure


We had to choose an icon from our country and I decided to choose the super incredible man, Rubén Blades Bellido de Luna, me and for all the Panamanian and also a lot of Latin American people admire him so much. He is also a super person, he was the minister of tourism by Panamanian in 2004. He also has a law degree from the University of Panama and from Harvard Law School too.

He is everything, because Ruben Blade is not only all that I mention, he is also a salsa prodigy. He recordered his first album at the age of 18, in 1966; and he is also famous for writing politically-charged lyrics and sophisticated musical arrangements. He is also an actor, and that is one of the characteristics that I love the most of him, he has made several movies, and one of my favorites is called "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" in that movie was Johnny Depp, Antonio Banderas, Enrique Iglesias, Salma Hayek, Eva Mendez and many great actors. I can not believe that he has made a movie with my favorite actor Johnny Depp. He also ran for President of Panama in 1994 and he finished in third place, with about 20% of the vote.

I personally really admire Ruben, because he is one of my strongest inspirations to fight for I want, no matter how difficult it is, if you really want something in your life you must fight for it. No matter if thousand of people tells you that you are not going to be able to achieve whatever you want to, just don't pay attention to those silly words and go for it. I have always said that "the more the people tells you that you are never going to make it, the more stronger you feel to achieve it".


I also have to mention that he wrote a song called Patria which translated to English would mean Fatherland, that it is considered, the second anthem of Panama, and it is sung on all the important occasions.

Whenever Panama wins a medal or huge events happen, the song is played or sung by Ruben Blades and for all the Panamanians it is such a pride that I must admit that whenever I hear the song my skin just go like "chicken skin".

I have not met Ruben Blades yet and I really want to meet him and see if he can help me with my biggest dream, do a movie with Johnny Depp, and I really would love to ask him for some advice for acting.

Ruben Blades will always be a huge icon for Panama, because in some occasions thanks to him, Panama is known as a beautiful place to visit he has made the country more famous in many places. He has encouraged people to go visit and get to know about our culture without Ruben Blade may be, Panama wouldn't be so recognized as it is right now.

"When I go back to Panama, I'm going to be very happy to be there because I really believe in my country and I know we're going to do good things there. It's not just a romantic dream; we can make things happen there."

by Elea O.

No comments:

Post a Comment